Hello Darlings,Welcome Back to
Cognac's Corner Magazine
Co-Chairs Maureen Maureen Leness, Melissa Cook and TV Host Entertainment Journalist Cognac Wellerlane pose for a photo-op at the Quogue Holiday House Tour Cocktail Reception
Priscilla Pochna and Melissa Cook pose for a photo-op at the Quogue Holiday House Tour Cocktail Reception
Diane Tiernan, Michael Cook and Eileen Barrett pose for a photo-op at the Quogue Holiday House Tour Cocktail Reception
David Kepner, Robert Kennedy, Jeff Judge pose for a photo-op at the Quogue Holiday House Tour Cocktail Reception
Roseanne Kennedy, Connie Buckley, Kathy Lomas, Hamptons Jitney Owner Missy Lynch pose for a photo-op at the Quogue Holiday House Tour Cocktail Reception
Joy and Dan Flynn pose for a photo-op at the Quogue Holiday House Tour Cocktail Reception
President Chester Murray and TV Host Cognac Wellerlane poses for a photo-op at the Quogue Holiday House Tour Cocktail Reception
TV Host Cognac Wellerlane poses for a photo-op with Owners Celeste Guth and Carl Westman at one of the Homes on the Holiday House Tour
TV Host Cognac Wellerlane poses for a photo-op at the Judge Resident one of the Homes on the Holiday House Tour
It was a happy holiday event as guests and Quogue residents participated in a special Holiday House Tour which included Quogue houses festively decorated for the holidays. The tour was followed in the evening by a cocktail reception from 6 to 8pm, at one of the Judge residence on December 12, 2015
I was happy to speak to Benefit Co-chairs Melissa Cook and Maureen Leness about the Holiday House Tour Event and the history of Quogue.
The Quogue Historical Society was founded in 1947 as the Historical Committee of the Quogue Library. In 1948, the Post family donated Quogue’s first schoolhouse, built in 1822, to the Library to be operated as a museum. It was moved to its current location behind the Library and, in 1949, opened to the public.
In 1977, the organization was incorporated and chartered as the Quogue Historical Association by New York State Regents and, in 1980, the charter was amended to change the name to the Quogue Historical Society.
In 2011, the Society moved its offices from the Quogue Library to new headquarters at 114 Jessup Avenue, a mid-19th century building located near the commercial and administrative center of the Village.
Called the Pond House because of its proximity to the pond at the corner of Midland and Jessup Avenues, the building provides two floors of exhibition space; climate controlled storage of the Society’s collections of artifacts, clothing and textiles, photographs, and documents; research facilities, and administrative offices.
The Pond House is owned by the Village of Quogue and administered by the Society under a license agreement. The Society is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization run by a Board of Directors, part-time Curator, and a cadre of dedicated volunteers.
The Society believes that the preservation and enhancement of Quogue’s historic resources are central to maintaining the unique character and gracious charm of the Village.
The Society is committed to furthering this preservation ethic through such efforts as educational outreach; documentation of Quogue’s 18th, 19th, and early 20th century buildings and sites; and the recognition of historic structures that reflect Quogue’s rare and precious architectural past.
For more information please visit http://quoguehistory.org
Keep reading Cognac's Corner Magazine for the very best in events in Manhattan, Long Island and the Hamptons.
Pink Champagne Kisses